Sunday, September 09, 2007

Back to School!


Well, so the medical school thing worked out in the end. I set this site up to do a bit of metric system blogging before my MCAT results came back. Obviously, there wasn't too much time to blog, as it was just too difficult to pull myself away from chewing the fingernails (quite the hygienic preoccupation for a future M.D., eh?) . Everything hinged on that score, considering that I wasn't applying to many schools since I wanted to stay local to spare the family a big move. And the score came back. And it was good. But to make it all so much more fun, the application process ended up being A) late, and B) practically down to the last minute. A snafu with my transcripts restarted the application process, which put it past all of the schools' deadlines. Thankfully, it all worked out, and an interview and a waitlist later, I was accepted to UB SMBS (University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences).

Thus begins the making of Dr. Detroit. Stay tuned for thoughts, comments, and inane remarks about medical school from a perspective of a nontraditional student. After 9 years of life in the cubicle, I'm going back to school.

No comments: